Search This Blog

Monday, April 27, 2015

Binding Bingo and more...

Where does the time go. I'm not going to say that March went out like a lamb. As a matter of fact April is still roaring. Finally stopped raining late yesterday afternoon. Naturally it started while I was 80 miles from home on Saturday...on the motorcycle. I think I'll be able to bring my leather and boots in today from the garage...they should be dry by now.

April has been as busy as March. Elaine had the QOV Sew Day on the third Friday as usual and we did a Binding Bingo Party on the 22nd. At first we were going to make the bingo cards. Then it hit me...we have a computer and a connection to that Internet thing-a-ma-bob. Well wouldn't you know there are some folks out there that did a fantastic job of connecting bingo with quilters and just what we needed was available on line and very reasonable I might add. We purchased from buzzbuzzbingo.com the $5.95 package with everything we needed. It would have taken me at least two days to create the spreadsheet and table. Not certain I could have done as well as they did. If you want to hold a Binding Bingo or for that matter add a quilting bingo game to any of your sew days check them out. They have a huge selection of topics that have been adapted to the bingo theme. I screwed up my first order...their customer service was fantastic.

Here are a few of the pictures from that great day...

 Preparation...Setting up the family room


Welcoming gift (needle holder) and Bingo sheets


Quilts ready for binding...


Freebies of course...


Tea and Coffee...



The Family Room crew...


The Kitchen Crew...


I was the cook and Bingo Caller for the day...



Binding, Bingo, Food, Chocolate and 


Prizes of course...






It was a long day...you can tell because Lilee is really pooped out. 

And in between all the fun I even got some quilts longarmed. Here's a few...







Well, that's it for now. We hope you are having as much fun as we are. May your days be filled with sunshine, your hearts with love and your bobbins full. 

Quilt till you wilt...we do. 






No comments:

Post a Comment